ElliptiGO is proud to announce its first-ever Global Team Challenge (#GTC2014). All ElliptiGO owners have been divided up evenly into five teams based on the number of owners in each geographical region. Find out who your teammates are below! It’s time to see which corners of the globe can claim the four titles and points up for grabs in this 28-day challenge. Help your team become known as:
1. The Grinders (Most Mileage)
2. The Climbers (Most Climbing)
3. The Speedsters (Fastest Average Pace)
4. The Posse (Most Riders)
The Overall Champions
will be the team that accumulates the most points across all 4 categories.
The Global Team Challenge will GO from September 1 - 28, 2014.
How do I participate and earn GOTM points?
Participation is easy. Simply Register, Ride & Submit!
How far do I have to ride?
- Register: Using the brief form on this page, register your participation in the Challenge.
- Ride: To participate in this Challenge, all you must do is ride your ElliptiGO. It’s as simple as that. How you ride, on the other hand, is completely up to you. You can GO long, you can GO up, you can GO fast or you can simply GO. This is a team competition, so while your individual rides will not determine where you finish, every mile you ride, hill you climb, or pace you push could be just what is needed to get your team to the top of the standings!
- Submit: The Challenge will GO from 9/1/2014 – 9/28/2014. To submit, upload all of your rides throughout the month to the ElliptiGO Group on Strava.
(For this challenge, Strava is the only acceptable upload format. Strava now accepts uploads via their App, Garmin, Suunto, Timex, TomTom & Soleus platforms. For more information, check out their site at: www.strava.com. Basic accounts are free and very easy to set up.)
NOTE: You must upload your previous week’s training prior to Wednesday of the following week. We are only able to track metrics one week removed in Strava, so if you want them to count towards your team’s point total, be sure to upload them as you GO!
It’s up to you! You can GO as far, up as many hills, and as fast as you like. All of your rides will help push your team higher in the standings.
How many points can I earn?
A lot, BUT for this challenge the amount of points you earn isn’t solely up to you. This is a TEAM challenge! Your teams are made up of regions with approximately 2,100 ElliptiGOs each, but the number of GO owners in each region doesn’t matter unless they participate, so start spreading the word! Do you know other GO owners in your area? Have you checked out the discussion boards on Strava
? What about our interactive map on the GOTM webpage
? Recruit, encourage and ride to help drive your chances for earning points higher and higher.
Points will be awarded in the descending order of 50, 40, 30, 20 & 10 for each of the four categories up for grabs:
How do I join the Challenge?
Champions / Overall – This title will be determined by the overall point totals of the teams after the first four categories (mileage, climbing, pace, and riders) have been tallied*
*In the case of a tie for the top spot, the Challenge will GO into OVERTIME! Overtime will be a head-to-head challenge between the top two teams the week of October 6-12, 2014. The details of that tie-break challenge will be announced in the event of a tie. Stay tuned!
You must register
for the Challenge by completing the entry form
on this page AND joining the ElliptiGO Club on Strava
so you can upload your rides.
If you have specific questions, please email email@example.com.
See you on the road!
- Team 1: FL, GA, SC, AL, MS, AR, LA, OK, TX, PR (Puerto Rico)
- Team 2: ME, VT, NH, MA, NY, CT, RI, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC, VA, WV, NC
- Team 3: WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, KY, OH, KS, TN, HI, AK
- Team 4: CA, NV, UT, AZ, CO, NM
- Team 5: INTERNATIONAL