International Elliptical Cycling Day
GOTM Challenge #2
July 12, 2014
This inaugural event will be your second opportunity this year to earn more points for Get On The Map
by participating in a Challenge. GOTM Challenge #2 marks the 9 year anniversary of Brent and Bryan sitting down in a coffee shop in Solana Beach, sketching out a drawing of an elliptical bike, and shaking hands on their new partnership. What better way to celebrate this monumental occasion than to ride your ElliptiGO and earn more points!
How do I participate and earn GOTM points?
Participation is easy. Simply Register, Ride & Submit!
How far do I have to ride?
- Register: Using the form on this page, register your participation in this challenge and pledge the number of miles you plan to ride.
- Ride: Ride your ElliptiGO at least one mile on July 12th.
- Submit: Upload the ride to the ElliptiGO Group on Strava* and fill out the completion form we send out at the end.
*If you do not own a Strava-enabled GPS device, you may use whatever tracking system you’d like and then submit the ride data via the completion form we send out at the end.
It’s up to you! Ride however long or short you want to GO. Obviously we want you to be safe, so please ride within your limits and make sure that you are properly prepared/supported for whatever distance* you decide to attempt.
*You can split up your ride throughout the day, but all miles must be completed on July 12, 2014.
How many points can I earn?
A lot! But then again, it’s really up to you. Use the point system below to see how many points you will receive for riding various distances and check out the Get On The Map
page to see what exclusive rewards you can earn with those points.
Point allocation for this event is as follows:
- Participate (ride at least one mile): 25 pts
- Ride in an Official Event on this day: 50 pts
- Ride in a Featured Event on this day: 100 pts
- Miles 1-25: 1 point per mile
- Miles 26-50: 2 points per mile
- Miles 51-100: 3 points per mile
- Miles 101+: 1 point per mile
Someone riding in an official 60mi ride on this day would receive:
50pts + (1x25pts) + (2x25pts) + (3x10pts) = 155pts
Someone riding 122mi without being part of an event would receive:
25pts + (1x25pts) + (2x25pts) + (3x50pts) + (1x22pts) = 272pts
How do I join the Challenge?
You must register for the Challenge no later than Midnight, PST on July 10th
. All you need to do is complete the entry form on this page AND join the ElliptiGO Club on Strava
so you can upload your rides.
If you have specific questions, please email email@example.com.
GO down in history on the inaugural International Elliptical Cycling Day!