The Annual ElliptiGO Founders' Cup
The World Championships of Elliptical Cycling
~ Palomar Mountain, California ~
September 27, 2014
When we set out to create the world’s first outdoor elliptical bike, our dream was not just to create a revolutionary new product but to launch a new competitive sport. In 2010, we took our first step towards realizing that dream by hosting the first ever ElliptiGO Founders’ Cup. Each year the depth of talent has increased and a new ascent record has been set. We're looking forward to hosting our fifth year of competition in the Fall of 2014.
To showcase the ElliptiGO’s climbing abilities, the World Championships event is a timed ascent ride up Palomar Mountain that climbs 4,209 feet in just 11.69 miles. The average grade is almost 7%.
Click here to see a route and elevation map of the course.
To read about this past year's event and see results and photos, go to the
2013 World Championships
The 2014 qualification process is below. If you have any questions about the event that aren't answered here, please email
2014 Qualification Process
We will have a max of 50 participants in the 2014 competition. Up to 25 spots are reserved for members of the general public / ElliptiGO-owner community chosen by lottery, if necessary. The other 25 spots will be available by invitation-only to elite athletes and competitors chosen by ElliptiGO Inc.
In order to qualify for the general public / ElliptiGO-owner lottery, you must complete an official event before August 3rd within the time limits listed below. These times are TOTAL RIDE TIME, including stops, from start to finish. So, for example, if you complete a century ride (100 miles) that has 6,500 feet of climbing over the whole route, you would need to complete that ride in under 10.5 hours to qualify for the lottery. If you complete a half-century ride that has an elevation gain of 1,200 feet over the whole course in under 4 hours, you would be able to qualify for the lottery.
To ensure that you have adequate time to prepare, train for, and make travel arrangements, lottery winners will be notified by email on or before August 4, 2014.
Elevation Gain per Unit Distance of Ride
(50 miles or 80.5 kms)
(62.1 miles or 100 kms)
(100 Miles or 161 kms)
8 hours and 30 mins
Over 50 ft/mile
Over 15.2 m/1.6km
10 hours and 30 mins
If you want to increase your chances of winning a spot via lottery, you may do so by completing more events overall or by completing events significantly faster than the cutoff times. More specifically:
1) You may complete more than one event in the time window between the 2013 World Championships through August 3, 2014 and earn one lottery “ticket” for each event you complete faster than the cut-off times above.
2) If you complete a single event faster than the time cut-offs you also may earn an additional “ticket” for every hour under the cut-off you finish. So, if you finish a metric century with 25 feet of elevation gain per mile in 4 hours, you would earn one extra “lottery ticket” for that event. If you finish that same event in 3 hours, you would earn two extra “lottery tickets” for that event.
Entering the Lottery
In order to enter the lottery you must send an email to Erika at
In the body of the email or as attachments, please include the the following information:
A. Basic Information
Your full name
A link to the event's website
B. Evidence of Participation
- A photo of you and your ElliptiGO at the event
C. Evidence of Time-Performance
ONE of these options listed below:
- A link to your Garmin data, Strava profile, or another web-based training data provider that shows your ride and matches the event date and course route
A link to the official event results that lists your name, completion of ride, and time
- An email or scanned note from the event director or other official event staff certifying that you did complete the distance in a specific time
Once Erika receives and reviews your email, she will send you an email to confirm that your lottery entry has been accepted.
For More Information
to read more about the 2013 World Championship experience. If you have questions about the event or the qualification process that were not answered above, please contact Erika via email at