February 2014, Rick Hermelin
Rick Hermelin was named the February 2014 ElliptiGO Rider of the Month for exceeding his ambitious goal of averaging 100 miles of riding a week in 2014. In February Rick turned 73 and averaged 150 miles per week, outpacing everyone else in the Strava ElliptiGO Club. But surpassing expectations is nothing new for him. In 2012, Rick rode nearly 3,000 miles across the U.S. in 100 Days, raising more than $11,500 for the Semper Fi Fund. He followed up that record-setting year by completing 12 centuries in 2013. Always looking for more personal challenges and ways to keep himself active, Rick is an inspiration to the ElliptiGO community and we want to recognize his determination and strength of spirit. See you on the roads, Rick!
Quick Facts About Rick
1. How long have you been riding your ElliptiGO and what model do you ride?
2 years and 8 months. It is an 8S.
2. What inspired you to ride an ElliptiGO?
The no impact aspect, after 35 years of running with impact!!
3. What are your favorite events you’ve done on the ElliptiGO?
The 12 centuries. Each one was a different experience.
4. What’s your most memorable experience related to the ElliptiGO?
Going coast to coast during the Spring of 2012.
5. What are your ElliptiGO-related goals for the next year?
To continue to average 100 to 150 miles per week and have a lot of fun doing it.